|“||What are you doing in my swamp? [Echoing] Swamp! Swamp! Swamp!||„|
Shrek first appears in the first movie when he reads a book and gets out of his bathroom. He takes a nasty shower in mud, and later scares off an angry mob wanting to kill him. Meanwhile, Donkey is running away and runs into Shrek. Donkey starts harassing him by trying to convince him to be his best friend. During the night, he chose Donkey to help him out on his quest to rescue the beautiful Princess Fiona from a tower. Shrek came into the room where Fiona is sleeping in. Fiona because suprised and told him that she expected Prince Charming to rescue him after he asked her. Shrek then rescues her while still disguised as a knight.
Shrek the ThirdEdit
Shrek Forever AfterEdit
Shrek is has a dry sense of humor and is very sarcastic. He is likely to become annoyed by his best friend Donkey, and whenever it is too loud for him to communicate. He is married to Princess Fiona and has three triplet children.
I'm an ogre. You know. "Grab your torch and pitchforks."
- Shrek was originally meant to be voiced by Chris Farley. After Farley's death, Mike Myers was chosen to voice him.
- After Shrek stays out the villagers, Shrek grabs a paper and reads: "Wanted. Fairy tale creatures.", and sighs.
- In Dreamworks Animation Video Jukebox, Shrek says, I'm an ogre. You know. "Grab your torch and pitchforks.".
- In intro of DVD menu Shrek says, "Huh? What are you doing in my swamp?".
- When I select play, the pigs say: "Play the movie. Yeah! Play!", and Shrek says: "No, no! No, no. Not there. Not there.".
- The dwarfs were putting Snow White on table and in the movie version, he says, "Dead broad off the table.", and in the trailer version he says, "Dead girl off the table!".